[Evolution] Problem with Evolution authenticating against an SMTP server

 Problem with Evolution in 8.04 Authenticating with
SMTP server
Dear all,

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04 and start experiencing
problems with the new version of Evolution.

The problem is that Evolution fails the authentication
with the SMTP server we use in my company, the
settings are the same than before. However that is not
the worst part it, the bad thing is that after I try
to send an email and the authentication fails we can
see in the logs that Evolution keeps sending
authentication requests to the SMTP server at an
amazing rate (>100 reqs/sec). It only stops if I
switch it down. Obviously the network locks my account
after sending all these requests.

Has any one experienced the same problem ? Are there
any known solutions ?

Best Regards

Daniel

Be a better friend, newshound, and