[Evolution] Trying to send mail through Googlemail SMTP server, no success

I'm new to Evolution but, though I have searched the mailing lists, I have not found a clear answer to my problem.

I can receive e-mail with Evolution 2.12.3 from imap.googlemail.com without problems, but when I try to send a message, I get the following error:

Error de Evolution.
Error al efectuar operación.
Error en la respuesta de bienvenida: Desconocido.

Which is Spanish for (more or less):

Error in Evolution.
Error trying to perform an action.
Error in welcome response: Unknown.

This must be a configuration error on my side, I guess. I have set the following parameters:

Sending mail.
Server type = SMTP
Server = smtp.googlemail.com
Server requires authentication
TLS encryption
Authentication type: start of session
User = My Name gmail com

Which I think are the ones stated in Google Mail Configuration Help:

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: smtp.googlemail.com (use authentication)
  Use Authentication: Yes
  Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
  Port: 465 or 587
Account Name: your Google Mail username (including @googlemail.com)
Password: your Google Mail password

What am I missing?