Re: [Evolution] Evolution + MAPI = too much hassle

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 14:20 +0200, Thomas Novin wrote:
Hello

Right now I see lots of people struggling to get the MAPI plugin to
work. Even more problem trying to get it to work with the current
version of Evolution, 2.22.

First of all, isn't it strange that developers use 2.12 and not the
latest version (2.22)? 2.12.0 is so old, released 2007-09-17.

We've moved the development code base to 2.22 a few days back.

It should be able to build evolution-mapi-provider tarball against any
of the recent versions of evolution.

To help with this problem, isn't it possible for the developers to build
packages and have them uploaded to ppa.launchpad.net[1]?

Packages are available in openSUSE build service [0]. I've been
sucessfull in building them for openSUSE 10.3 & Fedora 8 ( Evolution
2.12 ) .

I would be very happy if somebody is willing to take up resposibility
for building it for Ubuntu / Debian in openSUSE Build service (I'm
familiar with Build Service) or anyother repositories. :)

ïI use a pre-release version of AWN[2] for example and there I have a
ppa repository which I download the latest releases from. Works great!

Nice!

Jelmer [1] has debian builds for Samaba4 and libmapi in his apt
repository [2].

I'm sure he would be happy to glad to get the builds for the
evolution-mapi-provider plugin. He hangs out in #evo-mapi @ irc.gimp.org
and #openchange in irc.freenode.net.

[0]http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/jjohnny:/evolution-exchange-mapi-provider

[1] http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/blog/

[2] http://samba.org/~jelmer/debian/

--
Johnny Jacob jjohnny novell com http://johnnyjacob.org

GPG fingerprint = E296 D0B9 77D9 D968 5574  DB0D 5FD0 B7CA 03DC E845