Re: [Evolution] Problem with automatic contacts.

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 17:19 -0400, David Ronis wrote:
I've posted a bug report (Bug 469409) on this a little over a month ago,
but have had no response.  Basically, I was playing with evolution's
settings and decided to give automatic contacts a try.   What I
discovered was that it doesn't turn off.  To be sure the setup dialog
shows it as being turned off, but I'm still getting an address book
entry for every e-mail I respond too--it's killing my address book.
I've upgraded a few times (I'm currently running evolution 2.12.0) but
the problem persists.

Anybody have a solution for this.  My bet is that there's some trivial
problem with a variable not being reset properly when the feature is
turned off.  Any developers reading this?

Go to Edit->Plugins, And disable "Automatic Contacts" plugin. It will
require a restart :(

The issue of the option not working is a bug and will be fixed soon.

Evolution is a great tool, this problem notwithstanding.

Thanks in advance.

David