Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.12.0, Evolution-Data-Server1.12.0, GtkHTML 3.16.0, Evolution Exchange 2.12.0 and Evolution-sharp-0.14.0released

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 18:47 +0530, Shrikant Navelkar wrote:
Can I use "yum install" to get this archive and related dependencies ?

No.  First, "yum" only installs already-built RPM packages, and these
are source packages.  Someone will need to take these source packages
and build them for your distribution, creating RPMs, then make those
available in whatever repository your "yum" instance uses.

Second, there are lots of different distributions that use RPM and yum,
and you can/should only get packages that were built for your specific
distribution (which you didn't mention).

Or, of course, you could build them yourself but that takes a bunch of
extra tools installed on your system.  If you want to go that way you'll
need further instructions.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us