Re: [Evolution] remove duplicates

Hello

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 19:26 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
On 2007-09-17, 15:20 GMT, Reid Thompson wrote:
I'm new to linux using ubuntu. Is there a easy way to remove
duplicate
messages with Evolution?

There is a special plugin for Evolution doing that -- it's weird
that it has not been packaged neither for Ubuntu nor Debian. It
is available in Fedora, and if you want to repackage it for
Debian world, you can get everything what we have on Fedora from
this link
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1692
(or specifically
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/evolution-remove-duplicates\
/0.0.2/6.fc7/src/evolution-remove-duplicates-0.0.2-6.fc7.src.rpm
). Note that there IS rpm package in all Debian-based
distributions (because of attempts to comply with POSIX which
requires rpm), so rpm -i should unpackage src.rpm somewhere in
your system (/usr/src/redhat would be my guess). src.rpm
shouldn't install any program into your system.

I ended up using balsa email client, as the stated plugin could not
handle large mailboxes.

Best,

MatÄj