[Evolution] Emails disappearing in local folders

Hi, I'm running Evolution 2.10.3 on a Fedora Core 7 laptop.  In a
misguided effort to keep things synchronized between my laptop and
desktop machines, I've been running unison file synchronizer on my
$HOME/.evolution directory.  This program makes sure the directories
contain the same files.

The problem, I think, is that my Fedora Core 4 desktop is running
Evolution 2.2.3, and I mistakenly assumed the file structures were the
same between the two versions.

Now, when I move an email from my on-line exchange mail box to a local
folder, it disappears.  I can see all of my local folders, but when I
click on many (but not all) of them, I can't see any emails.  I've tried
moving the folders from my local files to my on-line account, but that
hasn't produced any results either.

So, I'm wondering:  1) How can I fix evolution so I can use local
folders again?  Would it be sufficient to delete the seemingly corrupted
local folders?  2) is there any way to recover the lost emails in the
corrupted folders?  3) Is there a reasonable way to keep my two versions
of evolution synchronized?

Thanks,  -Derek