Re: [Evolution] Is there a command for "undo" in Evo?

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 17:06 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 12:08 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 10:23 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
If for example you transfer a mail to a particular folder--or if you
transfer 100 mails to a particular folder-- and then realize you made a
mistake, then is there a command to "undo" the transfer so that the
mails come back to where you had them?

No there isn't, but I agree that it would be useful.

Unfortunately "undo" frameworks are not trivial to add, especially if
you're trying to retrofit an application that was not designed with an
"undo" capability in mind from the start.

It is surprising to hear that no such capability was included from the
start. Until I switched over to Linux/Evo around 5 months ago, I was
using Win98 with Eudora Light which is email software from 1997. And
even that had it.

Do you think it was an oversight perhaps, that they forgot to include
it, or rather an intentional decision to leave out?

IMHO a general undo would be fairly difficult to implement, however the
more restricted case of "undelete" would still be immensely useful and
doesn't sound hard to do. I know you can hunt for the deleted message
and undelete it, but this can be hard to do when you have Hide Deleted
Messages turned on, together with Group By Threads for example.

poc