Re: [Evolution] Rules for mbox or IMAP account not applied

This is getting to be a FAQ.

Evo only applies automatic filter rules to new messages in the Inbox
(even if you tick the option to check for new messages in other folders,
it doesn't apply filters to these).

In the case of IMAP, new messages are marked by the IMAP server with the
flag Unseen before being read for the first time. Subsequent reads of
the message are no longer considered Unseen (note that this is defined
by the IMAP RFC and is not specific to Evo). If any other mail client
(such as another Evo instance) opens a message on an IMAP server then
that message is no longer Unseen and Evo will not consider it to be new,
so will not filter it automatically.

For POP, any mail that Evo downloads will be considered new and so
filters will be applied.

I don't know the specific rules regarding messages in local spool files,
but I don't doubt they're consistent with this in some sense.

Thus the answer to "why doesn't Evo apply my filters?" usually involves
checking to see if something else is reading your mailbox.

poc