[Evolution] problem with smpt and TLS

Dear everyone.

Here is my problem. I did not find any bug about this (but I didn't
sought well).

I tried to set up an account, with a SMTP server which uses TLS.
So I entered for the server : "myserver:myport"
I choose TLS, and  I entered my username.
I tried all the options for authentification (I think the right one is
"CLEAR"), but no ones are working.

When I send an email, I obtain the message (translated from french,
sorry) : Error during the operation execution. RCPT to <address of the
one I sent my mail>  failed : transaction failed. (with the options
for authentification "CLEAR" and "connection", the other ones failed
because they are not supported by the server)

I tried to set up Thunderbird, and everything works: I checked the
option "TLS" instead of "TLS;if available" (this last one doesn't
work).

I'm pretty sure I missed something, but wat ?
I really want to use evolution instead of thunderbird (because of
calendar, contacts etc... I want to synchronize from the same server),
and I didn't find anything on google, so I'm asking you.

I apologize if it is not the good mailing-list.

Thank you in advance for your answers.