Re: [Evolution] does evolution respect standards of web ?

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 15:22 +0100, hulin wrote:
Hi!

Sorry for this provocative subject and thanks for your work.
I use evolution on Debian testing and I'm subscribed at a national
mailinglist (for professionals of libraries) that use sympa mailing list
server (www.sympa.org). However, I can't read the subject of that
mailing list, because evolution use the bad encodage to show headings.

I checked that evolution use the ISO-8859-1 (accentued caracters for
Ouest Europe)
in preferences menu / edition and view messages. Curiously, the
subject is unreadable in the list frame, but not in view message frame.

By example, when the unreadable subject give in the blue/grey frame :
Sujet: March=?ISO-8859-1?B?6SA=?=- Ville de Betton

This is a veeeeery loong-standing problem. I already reported it years
ago, but never had any good answer.

        Xav