Re: [Evolution] MAPI exchange bits

Hey,

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 12:29 -0800, C.J. Adams-Collier wrote:
Hey there Srini, list,

I spoke with you the other day on IRC about the upcoming MAPI release.
I'm jhbuild'ing evolution now and will check out and build from
EXCHANGE_MAPI_BRANCH after everything builds correctly from trunk.

What is the policy regarding committing patches to this branch?
We commit every few lines on our disk to the branch :)

My mail admins moved my mailbox from an exchange 2003 server to 2007
without telling me first.  This caused a few days of downtime and quite
a bit of frustration.  I'd like to start using the "official" interface
to the exchange server in order to minimize this type of problem in the
future.

How closely is the Evolution team working with the Exchange team?
Part of the evolution team at Novell is doing this work. I don't
think/know of any agreement for MAPI/Evolution related in that. We are
using OpenChange based libmapi to connect to the Exchange Server and it
works pretty well.

I was looking for a pre-release this week but due to some issues and
holidays in India I think this might be pushed a week or two later. In
the whole I'm looking at a feature complete around GNOME 2.22 release.
Unfortunately I'm not sure, if I can commit to the GNOME release or not,
since this code has some licensing issues which I'm still working at
Novell to clear them off. Only after that I can commit the code to the
Evolution trunk. Till then I'm hoping is to have weekly/biweekly
opensuse buildservice packages for SUSE/Fedora/Debian (What ever OBS
supports) for testing and help us back. If any one wants to help us in
getting the OBS ready, your help is welcome.

-Srini.