Re: [Evolution] Moving to Evo from Thunderbird?

Before anyone asks, upgrading to the Rawhide
version means installing a large number of additional packages so I
don't care to do that, having had other stability problems with Rawhide
in the past.

poc

I think that upgrading only to find new and different problems is
un-settling at best. Also, I am not keen on the fact that evolution is
so dependent on so many other packages, gtk, libsoup, etc. and the only
convenient way to upgrade evolution is to upgrade to a newer version of
your favorite OS. This is the kind of thing that prevents Linux from
making any ground in the enterprise for regular everyday users. Way too
much change and a lack stability. When I get newer versions of Firefox
or Thunderbird I don't have to upgrade my whole OS and should not. Just
a thought don't flame me to death over this it is just a suggestion that
if evolution could stand on it's own on a Linux platform that would sure
help.

And yes there are way more problems with the exchange accounts on
evolution than there are with IMAP or POP accounts.
Filters are flaky on exchange, the whole exchange backend process dies a
lot. whereas my POP account just keeps working and the filters work for
it as well.

Todd