Re: [Evolution] Moving to Evo from Thunderbird?

I can't be the only exception to this.  I've been using Evo since
it's .9x days on various flavors of Fedora Core, and recently Ubuntu.
In all this time, I have only seen Evo crash a handful of times.  My
initial impression is that Exchange users are the ones that seem to
suffer the most, is that the case?

Admittedly, I only use Evo to check 5-7 IMAP accounts and occasionally a
Groupwise account.  I guess I just wanted to comment that there are
cases where Evo has, and continues to be rock-solid for some users.

--chris

Evo is/was very solid for me. I've been using it for years. I still use
it now on FC7 for all my mailing lists. Only reason I moved to
Thunderbird on another machine is that it runs Vista instead of FC.

I really only had 2 complaints about EVO.

1) It did not seem to handle LDAP very well. Our LDAP directory contains
several thousand entries. I believe it was limited to the 1st 1000. I
cannot confirm that, nor can I confirm the EVO version I was running.

2) I also connected to my corporate mail (Lotus Notes) using IMAP. When
I would delete messages they would "disappear" or become hidden on Evo,
but if I used the Notes client the messages were still in the Inbox. I
also didn't seem to be able to use Folders. Maybe there were settings
that I could have modified this behavior, but I did not see any.

Thunderbird handles both of these situations a lot better. The trade off
I think, is that Thunderbird is a little bit slower. Good trade off for
me since now I do not have to go back periodically and cleanup my Inbox
with the Notes client.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Evo, and if there was a stable Windows
version I might still be on it.

My $0.02.

James