[Evolution] Evo desktop integration: mail notification & panel calendar questions

Hi, a couple of questions that perhaps someone can help me with:

   1) Evo 2.12 includes out of the box email notification via systray icon,
and also briefly displays what I believe is a libnotify notification
message; can the notification message be customized? I'd prefer it to show
who is sending the new message (from:) and perhaps the first line of it.
Can't find any relevant key for this with gnome-conf

   2) gnome-panel calendar applet integration: when evo is loaded the applet
shows the calendar with bold face the days in which I have appointements,
but it doesn't display the appointment list (it does display the Tasks list
though, but not the appointments). Can this be turned on somehow?

   3) in my ubuntu7.10 machine closing evo causes gnome-panel to reload. is
this normal? there any way to avoid this?

TIA