[Evolution] Email conversion problems going from Outlook to Netscape to Evolution

I am a recent convert to Linux - CentOS 4.4, then 5.0 to be specific.

I had a ton of email in my Outlook folders that I wanted to import
into Evolution, but it doesn't do that.  The recommended method was to
convert to some other, supported email program and then convert from
there to Evolution.

So, I converted all my email from Outlook to Netscape (which sucks),
and from there attempted to convert to Evolution.  Two problems
emerged:

1) Evolution did not recognize my Netscape email at all.  Hence, it
did not suck in all my NS email.  I don't know why - it's in the right
places.

2) I tried to import all my email one folder at a time.  That worked
up to a point: NS uses compressed files to contain some of my email,
and Evolution did not recognize those at all.

When I went from CentOS 4.4 to 5.0 (Gnome 2.16.0) I hoped this would
be "fixed" but alas, no such luck....

So, how do I get those (gobs of) compressed email messages into Evolution?

Thanks.

--
Mark Hull-Richter
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)