[Evolution] Seperate evolution user interfaces for mail / contacts / calendar?

I've just started to use evolution and it's very nice, but I can't help
feeling that its user interface is very complicated (especially
compared with other Gnome apps).

In particular, I find the modal menu & toolbar a bit head-wrecking. I'd
much rather have each mode in a different window, as if the parts
(mail, contacts, calendar, etc) were different applications. I already
have a solid intuition for flipping between applications, but none for
dealing with a modal UI. (Well, I *think* I'd rather have that. Of
course, user interface issues are subtle and I might later regret it).

This has possibly been suggested before, so I apologise if I'm
reopening old wounds. Feel free to point me to an old thread (I did
have a quick poke around but didn't see anything).

Malcolm.