Re: [Evolution] Evolution + free groupware

Hi All
Though "far" from what your really looking for I have found that this
works very well and isn't really a pain and gives me the functionality
that I require for my day2day business operations ---

Title: Accessing files through the WebDAV interface

--------
You would like to access informations for appointments, contacts and
files for
use within external clients like, e.g. Evolution, Konqueror, Sunbird â
osv ...

Solution:
---------
You can access those informations, using the WebDAV interface of the
Open-Xchange Server 5. Use the following URLs to access the data

Documents -

https://F.Q.D.N/servlet/webdav.documents

Network Places and adding a network place. When asked for your location,
specify the server address (e.g.
https://your.server.com/servlet/webdav.documents ) and then access it
through the network places.

This can then be used as a type SMB / NFS mount point

Calender
https://F.Q.D.N/servlet/webdav.ical

If you would like to delete appointments through the WebDAV interface,
too, you have to append "?enabledelete=yes" to the above URL.

Contacts
https://F.Q.D.N/servlet/webdav.vcard

I both the above cases just down load the respective file to i.e your
desktop and then import it.

As yet I haven't found a better way to sync OX and Evolution other than
deleting all entires

(open the calender, CTRL + A, right click, delete) then File, Import,
Single file, add the

webdav.vcard). Just updating give double entries.

There are many SyncML enabled phones (Ericsson P910 ...) that work more
or less out-of-the-box to sync via OX5 and via BlueTooth to the PC. I
have tested this on SUSE10.2 and SLED 10 and with a DELL Inspiron5150
and Belkin bluetooth USB stick.

Regards
/Ade