Re: [Evolution] Message reader opens at bottom of message

On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 18:31 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 11:46 -0500, Jeff Dege wrote:
I've recently upgraded to CentOS 5, and my mail reader is now Evolution
2.8.0.

It's working fine, except for one really irritating bit.  When I open a
new message that's long enough to require scrolling, it always starts
with the message scrolled to the bottom - forcing me to click into the
window and scroll to the top in order to read it.

Is this an intended behavior?  Can it be fixed?

It's called 'Caret Mode' - press F7 to toggle it.  No, I don't know what
use it is either!

Caret mode makes it possible for keyboard-selection of text in the
message body.

Scrolling to the end is a bug and is already fixed. Update to 2.11.X and
you should not face this issue.

P.