[Evolution] Message reader opens at bottom of message

I've recently upgraded to CentOS 5, and my mail reader is now Evolution
2.8.0.

It's working fine, except for one really irritating bit.  When I open a
new message that's long enough to require scrolling, it always starts
with the message scrolled to the bottom - forcing me to click into the
window and scroll to the top in order to read it.

Is this an intended behavior?  Can it be fixed?

--
If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist it's
another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards