[Evolution] NNTP limit posts per folder

Hi!

I'm using evolution to read my mailing lists through the NNTP gateway
gmane.org. The problem is that, when you read lists like the "linux
kernel mailing list" you easily get more than 550k messages on a folder.

You can see how this easily get slow. Every time you do a refresh you
have to wait minutes before evo can synchronize the folder, and
sometimes it crashes because it tries to use a very large amount of
memory.

So my question is: is there a way to make this faster? I'm thinking in
two possibilities:

* make evo download only the headers of the messages (dunno if this is
the default behavior or not)
* make an option to limit the messages on the folder. say for example, I
only want the last 1k messages for the kernel mailing list. I think this
would make things very faster.

I don't know if any of this features is already present in evo, but I
didn't find any. I'm using Evo 2.10.1.

TIA
Ruben