Re: [Evolution] IMAP hang in version 2.8

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 05:36:47PM -0500, Mac Mason wrote:
I've just installed Ubuntu 6.10, and the copy of Evolution it installs
(2.8) hangs as soon as I try to connect to my IMAP server (with SSL).
Various other mail clients (Thunderbird, Evolution 2.0 on a different
machine) connect happily. Help?

Solution:

For reasons that remain unknown to me, the IMAP server defaults to a
namespace of "~", so Evolution was trying to list my entire (large,
complicated homedir) instead of my mail folder; overriding the default
namespace solved the problem.

    --Mac

--
Julian "Mac" Mason                           mac cs duke edu