Re: [Evolution] evolution 2.8 version upgrade

On 1/5/07, Eric Klein <kleineb04 gmail com> wrote:
I have been trying to get my evolution upgraded to 2.8 for the past three
days and it is making me very frustrated.  I'm installing from source, well
trying too, and I believe I am doing it right.  At least it's how I was told
to do it.  But I keep getting the error message below.  Any ideas anyone?

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

yes, that means you do not have the C compiler installed ... go into
the software installer and search for GCC (that is the compiler name).
Once installed, then you should be able to "compile" the source code
for evolution.