[Evolution] Trouble using Webcal in Evolution 2.8.1

I have a web calendar at www.icalx.com in ics format. I am having very great
dificulty in getting Evolution to read and write to this calendar - in fact
it won't seem to do it at all. For a start it keeps replacing "http://";
with "webcal://" in the calendar location. The second problem is that the
calendar on Icalx is private to me - and Evolution does NOT try to ask for
a username and password when accessing the calendar.
I also have a local copy of this ics file which I can open OK - but when I
click on Actions-Publish Calendar Information in order to try to publish a
public calendar on Icalx rather than a private one, nothing happens!
I really would like to use Evolution but can't if these calendar problems
can't be sorted!