Re: [Evolution] Remove Junk vFolder

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 23:17 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 23:51 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

Which is fine is you have a Shell acount on the mail server. For "black
box" mailservers this doesn't work.

True enough, but then a "black box" mail server doesn't have
"accounts" (in terms of user accounts, in the passwd map) for any users.
In that case, the administrator of that server should be able to set up
a single account that anyone can ssh to to inject messages into
sa-learn.

That may be OK if you have a user community that more or less agrees on
what is spam and what isn't. Too often one person's spam is another's
ham. I don't want some idiot among the 15000 users of the same
mailserver -- this is my real situation BTW -- decide that an admin
message he doesn't like is spam, and therefore increase the chance that
others won't see it.

And of course if *anyone* can log in to a specific account, then the
spammers can as well (there's no such thing as a shared secret among
15000 users) and bias the engine in their favour. No thanks.

poc