Re: [Evolution] Creating & Printing new Page views ??

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 12:32 -0400, William Case wrote:
I asked this question two years ago on this list and was told abruptly
that it couldn't be done.  I am asking again in the hopes that the world
has changed or the responders have changed.

I would like to redesign the calendar page view that gets printed.  I am
old enough that when I am out and about I still work off of paper in my
hip or shirt pocket.  Through several conjurations of efficient
secretaries and/or PIMs over the years, I have a personal layout I would
like to print and carry.

In fact, the closest (but not exact) print out available is through
Microsoft's Outlook.  The only time I boot to Windows these days is to
update Outlook so I get it's printed Trifold and Monthly calendar view,
and as I say even that is not yet the way I would like it.

So, for example, can I access Evo's various data fields through say OOo
Base using MySql and design a new calendar form ?  If that wouldn't work
what would?

Not really, I'm afraid.  The calendar has a fixed way of printing each
view and wasn't really designed to be extended with custom layouts.
Designing a custom print layout is a pretty non-trivial task.

That said, I am hoping to revamp the calendar printouts in the
not-so-distant future (hopefully in time for Evolution 2.14 next
spring), so if you have specific suggestions in mind I will take them
into consideration when the time comes.

Hopefully that was less abrupt this time.

Matthew Barnes