Re: [Evolution] Slow response

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 15:52 +0100, Peter Saffrey wrote:
I've just moved back to Ubuntu after a year working in Windows.

What version of Ubuntu are you using?  Saying you're using Evo 2 doesn't
tell us much: Evo 2.0 was released years ago.  The current stable
version, provided in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) is Evo 2.10.

I've not seen delays to the extent you are seeing them, but I have seen
some slowness.  I'm using a prerelease of the next version of Evo (2.12)
that is due to be out next month and many performance issues have been
addressed.  You might try again with Ubuntu 7.10 (Breezy Badger), which
will be out in October and have that version.

Or, you can build the latest version yourself if you want to go that
route.  It's not trivial but it's not too bad.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at: