Re: [Evolution] Semicolon and colon

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 13:13 +0200, Daniel Nylander wrote:
I noticed when sending to multiple recipents that separating recipients
with ';' and ',' wasn't the same. I'm using version 2.11.90

When using ';' only the first recipient got the mail
When using ',' everyone got it.

Can someone reproduce this? It's clearly a bug (if I'm correct)

Why is it 'clearly a bug'?  The mail standard says that recipients are
separated by commas with the semi-colon being used to terminate a group
of mailboxes to be delivered to.  In that respect Evo is adhering to the
standard correctly. (See http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html)

Why do you expect ';' and ',' to behave the same?

And where do colons come into it?

P.