Re: [Evolution] Excessive disk access by Evo. 2.8.2 OpneSUSE 10.2

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 11:45 +0200, LLLActive GMX Net wrote:
Hi all,

in the past week I have noticed that Evo. 2.8.2. on OpenSUSE 10.2 causes
excessive disk access, so bad that KDE does not respond. Waiting 5
minutes or so KDE seems to come back, but I have to kill Evo. Once it is
restarted, it runs OK again. I rarely power my system down, but close
Evo every 2nd or 3rd day. If I do not close Evo now and then, it locks
KDE down.

Anyone seen that before?

what other processes are running when this happens? eg if you start
`top` can you see other processes spawned? perhaps anti-spam measures?
or is it Evo that is doing all the I/O?