Re: [Evolution] Server Side Spam Filters and Evolution Search Folder

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 23:24 -0600, Sankar P wrote:
On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 08:00 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 23:29 -0600, Sankar P wrote:
I have a lot of IMAP folders and I don't want to check all of them.
Unfortunately Evo currently only allows the option of Inbox or
"everything" (when checking for new mail, but the same could also
apply
to running filters). It would be a lot better to be able to select a
subset of folders where I know I can expect new mail and check only
those, but that's for the wish list.

May be if you are doing a source build you can try adding, "Folder
is:"
similar to "Source account is" as a condition.

I'm confused. How will this help with Alfredo's problem if filters are
not going to run automatically except on the Inbox?

I thought you wanted to apply filters in selected folders alone,
automatically when new mails arrive.

Actually it was the OP (Alfredo), but no matter.

Checking for new mails in marked folders alone can be achieved through
folder-subscriptions.

It's not fine-grain enough. I have a large set of folders and I want to
be able to visit them occasionally, so they're all subscribed-to.
However the majority will never have new mail (unless I put it there by
hand) so it's pointless for Evo to check them and it takes a lot of
time. In other words, "subscribed-to" and "automatically checked" should
be two different flags (one a subset of the other of course).

poc