[Evolution] LDAP lookups in Evolution

I have the free LDAP account from http://apps.entic.net and I use it
for the Evolution address book piece to centralize my contacts.

If I set the Search base to be something like 'ou=People,
o=entic.net', and if I try to add new contacts, it tries to put it
under 'ou=People, o=entic.net'. Instead, I almost think that the
preferred location to add to is to add it below your bind DN (when
specified). Changing the Search base kind of messes up other things.

Is that something that can be done in future versions of Evolution?
... or is it something wrong I am doing or is it how things are setup
at http://apps.entic.net?

Thanks