[Evolution] Individual pop accounts locking up?

Hi!  This is my first post to the list so please be patient with me!
I've googled for this problem and haven't found anything.  I have 3
email accounts set up in Evolution (v. 2.8.3 on Fedora core 6).  Every
once in awhile, Evolution won't be able to connect to one of my
accounts.  It doesn't tell me so though.  I just don't get any new mail
for a day or two.  When this happens, I can't quit Evolution with File
-> Quit or with the X in the upper-right corner.  I have to kill -9 it.
Upon restart, everything works wonderfully and all three email accounts
are able to receive email again.  Is this a known issue?  How can I fix
it?

Thanks, Erin