Re: [Evolution] Migration/upgrade from 2.2 to 2.6

hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 13.09.2006, 10:11 -0400 schrieb Internaut at Large:
I've just upgraded my system from RH4 to RH5, and Evolution changed from
2.2 to 2.6.

you don't tell if the old data you had was left on the harddisk or if
you had backed up any stuff that you copied back.

It ignored everything I had in my .evolution directory (huge amounts of
stuff like address books, calendar setups, my 30 or so email accounts,
including my Exchange information, my keys, etc) and wanted me to start
from scratch.

Is there an easy way to migrate from 2.2 to 2.6, or am I going to be
forced to input all the information in again?

Well, there isn't any change in storage or structure that would need
migration, it should just normally run.

Evolution stores your data in
        $HOME/.evolution/
, your account settings in
        $HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution
and your passwords in
        $HOME/.gnome2_private/Evolution

sounds to me like the second one is missing.

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!