Re: [Evolution] IMAP folder structure (namespace?)

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 11:10 +0200, Marco wrote:
Hello,

I use a cyrus IMAP server which places my personal folders below my INBOX,
i.e. INBOX is root and the other folders a subfolder of it.

I want the subfolders to be displayed on the same level then the INBOX. In
some other mail clients I can achieve that by setting a root path
to /INBOX/. Is that the option "Override server supplied folder namespace"?
I tried it with / and with /INBOX which made no difference.

Cyrus works this way (INBOX as root) by default, but there is an option
to change it (i.e. anonymous root, INBOX at the same level as other
folders). However you need to convince your server admin to enable this
as it's a server-wide change.

AFAIK Evo's "override server supplied folder namespace" will not do what
you want.

By solving that I also hope to achieve that the evolution Junk and Trash
folders are mapped to server folders because I manage Junk on the server,
too. Is there a hidden option to define the Junk folder?

Junk and Trash are *virtual* folders. They don't physically exist on the
server.

poc