Re: [Evolution] Junk mail and spamd

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 11:34 +0200, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
I have all the junk mail stuff active and have been marking spam for the
last 2 months now, but still most of the spam comes through.
Loads of the stuff is from the same place, so filtering should not be a
problem.

Same here, and my Bayes db is almost 2 years old.  I must have marked
at least 50 to almost a 100 with "hilburn" in the subject line and they
still get through.  I am running a experiment right now, I cleared out
the junk folder.  I am not marking any message as "Junk", I move it to
a Spam folder I created.  And then I am letting Spamassassin mark the
messages that are determined to be junk.  Right now there are 276 in the
Junk folder and 227 that I moved to the temp Spam folder.  I have emails
forwarded from work to my home server and some of them have the "SPAM"
subject re-write and they still don't get marked as spam.

E-Mail disclaimer:
http://www.sunspace.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm