[Evolution] Unable to add evolution published calendar in evolution

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a simple way for everybody at my office to
share calendars. Most the people where I work still use mutt to give you
an idea of what I am up against. ;-) Anyway, we have our internal web
server that is accessible via HTTPS and basic authentication publically.
It was actually pretty simple to configure a new directory with webdav
support and publish my calendar from Evolution 2.6 (Ubunbtu 6.06), but I
have not been able to figure out how to read that calendar back in using
Evolution. Every time I try to specify
https://someserver.com/somedir/somefile.ics and evolution keeps
(unhelpfully) rewriting that as
webcal://someserver.com/somedir/somefile.ics

Believe me, I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out what webcal://
means exactly to come up with some sort of a work around, but I've
reached the end of my rope. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
James D Bearden
http://james.nontrivial.org