Re: [Evolution] stop using Evolution

hi,

Am Dienstag, den 12.09.2006, 09:49 -0700 schrieb tom o'connell:
Is there anyway I can totally eliminate my Evolution account and keep my
Fastmail.fm folders?

i have no idea what fastmail.fm is, but if it's IMAP, then messages are
stored on the server, so you can access them by using any other IMAP
email application. it would be safe to delete the directories
~/.evolution and ~/.gconf/apps/evolution , but note that you will also
lose your calendar/task/memo/contacts data when doing this.

if it's a POP account (which means that you download those messages to
your local harddisk) _and_ you have not had the "Leave messages on
server" option enabled in your evolution email preferences, then you
should keep the folders and files in ~/.evolution/mail/local .

feel free to elaborate a bit if anything's unclear. :-)

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!