[Evolution] Colors Vanishing with IMAP

I use filters in Evolution to assign colors to messages in my IMAP inbox.  I've discovered that when I connect to the IMAP account with another client---in this case, Apple Mail, but I'd previously observed this behavior with Horde's IMAP webmail client---Evolution forgets about the colors.  "Important" flags remain, but colors get reset entirely.  Does anyone understand why it happens?  Is there a workaround that will let me make Evolution "remember" about the color assignments between connections from another client?

Thank you in advance.

Dominik