Re: [Evolution] can't install evolution-data-server-1.8.1

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 09:24 +0200, Hulin Thibaud wrote:
Thanks you for your answer !
However, I can't install these packages because there don't exist on the
Debian Sarge Stable. Is is possible to install them from the sources ?

Sure, you can install those libraries from source, although I'd recommend just grabbing the packages from Testing ("Etch") instead.

Also be prepared to have to upgrade GTK+, GLib, and possibly some other libraries that Evolution depends on.  Evolution's configure script checks that you *have* the required libraries, but doesn't check whether they're a recent enough version to successfully compile.  That's another bug, I'm afraid.

Good luck!

Matthew Barnes