Re: [Evolution] Junk mail and spamd

On Sun, 2006-10-01 at 15:19 +0200, LLLActive GMX Net wrote:
I have noticed also that spamassassin does not filter in two systems I
run either. What are the points to tweak for it in Linux (SUSE 10.1)?

Unfortunately, because of the way that junk filters are built for evo,
the only option right now is to patch the source and build from source.

Is there also a bogofilter patch for Evolution 2.6.0 (SUSE 10.1)?

Gentoo has one:
http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/evolution-2.5.5.1-bf-junk.tar.bz2

I don't actually use Suse.

Can
more than one spam filter be used in conjunction to one another; what
the one does not get another may. How are updates done for bogofilter
under YaST, and is there some central database of other junk mails found
by filters that can be incorporated into my filter?

No, bogofilter keeps a wordlist for each account.  It learns the same
way spamassassin does, by clicking junk and not-junk.

Are there other alternatives to spamassassin and bogofilter, that work
similarly to a virus scanner that gets updated for recognised mails by
other users? Such a system was started by Cloudmark, which used to be
free but went commercial.

There are tons of spam filters, but all work like either bogofilter or
spamassassin, as far as I know.  I'm not aware of any other junk plugins
for evo.

Daniel