[Evolution] Evolution and LDAP access rules

Hello to the list,

in my home environment I had built up a small network with a user
database running under OpenLDAP and FreeBSD. As email client I use on
all clients Evolution 2.4.2.1. All addresses and user logins are stored
in OpenLDAP.
Now there is the problem with the following rule set:
access to attr=userPassword
  by self write
  by anonymous auth
  by * none

access to attrs=uidNumber,gidNumber
  by dn="cn=Manager,dc=juergendankoweit,dc=net" write
  by * read

access to *
  by dn="cn=Manager,dc=juergendankoweit,dc=net" write
  by self write
  by * read

access to dn.subtree="ou=Adressbuch,dc=juergendankoweit,dc=net"
  by dn="cn=Verwalter,ou=Adressbuch,dc=juergendankoweit,dc=net" write
  by * read
Evolution tells me that the credentials are invalid.

If I set the rule to

access to * by * write

everything works. But the password authentification for user login has
trouble with that rule set.

I typed in the entry field for the distinguished name the following:
cn=Verwalter,ou=Adressbuch,dc=juergendankoweit,dc=net.

I don't know what's wrong with the rules above. Please help.

Many thanks in advance

JÃrgen

--
This e-mail was scanned with a private,
non-commercial version of AntiVir MailGate.