Re: [Evolution] Help with syncing multiple calendars to palm

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 18:34 -0600, Simon Roberts wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using Evolution and a palm device under Suse 10.1 with the Gnome
desktop, and I find that when I sync (which basicly works) that I'm only
able to sync a single calendar with to the palm. I have three calendars
configured in Evolution (Personal, Business, Events) and two of the
three just get ignored.

I found the Edit->Synchronization Options window, Conduit window,
ECalendar, Settings, but this only lets me select a single calendar at a
time. I want to merge entries as they go to the palm (because the palm
can't handle the idea of multiple calendars, right?)

Synchronization is two-ways and allowing multiple calendars would result
in duplication of events, from one calendar to the other.

For example: Event A is in calendar 1, Event B is in calendar 2 and
Event C is in calendar 3.  When multiple calendar syncing is allowed,
all three calendars will have all the three events.

Also, there is no way to maintain "specific calendar" information in
Palm devices to detect the source-calendar of the event.  One way to
simulate "multi-calendar" syncing is to assign categories to the
calendar events.  Categories gets synced correctly.

HTH,

V. Varadhan