Re: [Evolution] RFE: prefer-plain mail formatting plugin

Ð Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:16:20 -0500, Saikat Guha ÐÐÐÐÑÐ:

There used to be a rather useful (reference) plugin that would let the
default mail display prefer text/plain parts over text/html parts.

Yep, Evo is unusable for me without this plugin, as 95% of the mail we
receive at work is nasty HTML.  :-@

Are there any plans to resurrect this plugin and support it?

It is working for me, although some weird non-standard HTML-formatted
messages are shown as an attachment.  The long-term solution is HTML mail
to be forbidden somehow, or to boycott it by rejecting it on SMTP level.

As someone willing to help out, what would be required to get it
included in the default build?

It is marked as "experimental" (available in Debian by the
evolution-plugins-experimental package).  Look at the configure options,
IIRC it is "--enable-plugins=experimental".