Re: [Evolution] Importing gmail contact list to evolution?

Hi,

On 11/7/06, skt <shyguyfrenzy gmail com> wrote:
Is there such a way to do such a thing? If so how?

I tried doing this some time back, but things weren't clean, but I'll
provide the steps that I took to get GMail contacts in Evo.

GMail:

* Go to "Contacts" and click on the "Export" link on the right most corner.
* In the new window, select "Outlook CSV" (Gmail CSV did not work for
me) and click "Export Contacts"
* Save the CSV (of course ;)

Evo:

* Go to File -> Import and click "Forward" in the wizard
* Select "Import a single file" and click "Forward"
* Select the CSV file which has your exported contacts of GMail and
click "Forward"

You will now have your contacts imported. You would like to have a
look at each of your contacts and verify the information.

Hope this helps!

Srinidhi.