RE: [Evolution] Synchronising mailboxes

if you can open them, then the server didn't actually expunge them
yet :)

it also means that the server didn't give Evolution any expunge
notification untagged responses, which would be WHY they haven't been
removed from Evolution's display, and hence would not be a bug.

My observation would tend to suggest that the laptop has a stored copy
of the message as it seems to be displayed instantly i.e. much faster
than the connection would suggest was reasonable.

Although, I have just tired it on a desktop by pulling the network ply
out and I get a 'Unable to retrieve message', so maybe I'm wrong.

Whatever the reason, having deleted messages stay around is a pain.

Glen.