RE: [Evolution] Synchronising mailboxes
- From: "Eustace, Glen" <G Eustace massey ac nz>
- To: "Jeffrey Stedfast" <fejj novell com>
- Cc: evolution-list gnome org
- Subject: RE: [Evolution] Synchronising mailboxes
- Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 08:05:05 +1200
if you can open them, then the server didn't actually expunge them
it also means that the server didn't give Evolution any expunge
notification untagged responses, which would be WHY they haven't been
removed from Evolution's display, and hence would not be a bug.
My observation would tend to suggest that the laptop has a stored copy
of the message as it seems to be displayed instantly i.e. much faster
than the connection would suggest was reasonable.
Although, I have just tired it on a desktop by pulling the network ply
out and I get a 'Unable to retrieve message', so maybe I'm wrong.
Whatever the reason, having deleted messages stay around is a pain.
] [Thread Prev