RE: [Evolution] Specify fonts in outgoing e-mails

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 19:56 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
This is html mail, not word-processor mail.

Thus, you get bold, italics, underline, strikethrough,
many
                                                             different
                                sizes
and
                                colors

All the things in bog-standard generic email, which should be readable
on any other MUA with no issues.

As would being able to specify the font in the outgoing email.... the
receiving MUA does the same as a browser if it doesn't have the
specified font... it shows that user's default font.  So adding that
capability would not cause an incompatibility.

Of course I know it will never be added to Evolution, since I asked for
that capability back 3+ years ago and was promptly shouted down by html
email haters.  Although I can't figure out how adding something to
Evolution that certain people won't use anyway hurts them... since they
can always choose to not use it, just like they don't use html email in
the first place - but that capability is there.

Lonnie Borntreger