RE: [Evolution] No provider available for protocol 'file'

Yes, a lot of Evo developers do read this list and respond to posts.
However, the proper place to report bugs is not a mailing list, but
bugzilla, which helps in keeping track of the known issues.

Whilst I agree in principle to your statement that a mailing list is not
the correct place to report a bug, if, like I have you have tried
putting a problem/bug through the official channel and get no response
at all. A mailing list can sometimes provide a workaround or at least a
few 'meetoos' so that you know that the issue is not specific to
something in your own setup or environemt.

As an example, I have reported via bugzilla the issue with the exchange
connector being broken a number of times. I have never had any
acknowledgement or invitation to participate in trying to resolve it.
In fact it doesn't appear that Novell/Ximian even believe there is a
problem even though there have been others on this list that have
indicated quite clearly, in my mind, that there is.

Glen.