[Evolution] addressbook only partly visible (2nd time)

I sent this message yesterday, but it had some errors in the subject line. Maybe it hasn't been seen but I hope somebody ( Andre or Jeffrey?) could help me out as I'm very handicapped!
Joep

I hope you can help me out.
I have had a nasty crash, due to a faulty DVD-reader when upgrading from
FC4 to FC5 resulting in the disappearance of crucial parts of the
xorg-system and the evolution installation. I need to repartition the
disk to install a fresh FC5. I need however my evolution as all my
addresses and appointments are now unreachable!!.
I have saved the .evolution from my /home/user/ directory as well as the
gnome2_private directory.
To get the information again I installed an Ubuntu Breezer Life CD which
has evolution 2.4. (My old evolution was I think 2.2 or 2.3).After some
juggling I was able to read the addresses but of the > 200 addresses
only 6 are shown and they seem to be randomly chosen. Also the header
categories is not shown in the display list (although it appears in the
full address display) and the categories I had added (about 10) are not
visible in the category list. I haven't as yet destroyed the original
account as I don't know what more I need.
Is there maybe another program to read addressbook.db.I can read the
names and E-mail addresses from addressbook.db.summary with a simple
ascii reader but not the complete information.
I hope somebody can give me the solution as it is simply a disaster when
all my addresses are lost!! Why won't evolution 2.4 read the addresses
(as the are there!).
Joep