Re: [Evolution] Inbox too large

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 20:06 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 16:48 -0800, Greg Tassone wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 17:26 -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 16:38 -0600, Mark Pinto wrote:
The filesystem is XFS, so that's certainly not a problem.  I created
yearly folders under "On This Computer" and moved them from Inbox, but
somehow the size of the file did not shrink.

Empty the trash.  Or Expunge.  Depends on which version of Evo
you are using.

The other problem could be that your system is missing large file
support.  How old is your kernel?

LFS came in during the *early* 2.4 kernels.  *Nobody* (except a
few m68k retro-geeks, and they mostly use 2.4.2x) uses such old
kernels and glibc/libc6 anymore.

I believe XFS was actually added to the kernel AFTER LFS support anyway,
so, as Ron said, the OP is almost certainly using an LFS kernel.

I'd imagine that Evolution might have some sort of an internal limit on
handling mbox files, though I'm not nearly well acquainted enough with
Evolution's inner workings to be certain of that.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837