Re: [Evolution] Re: Problem moving messages to inbox

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 09:02 -0800, Auerbach, Steven P. wrote:
There were multiple replies to my query; here are the answers:

Tell us what version of Evo and glibc you are using.
Evo 2.4.1
I believe (after consulting adept) I am using 2.3.5-1ubuntu12 (not

adept?

really sure on this one, however... how do I tell?)

$ apt-cache policy libc6
libc6:
  Installed: 2.3.6-3
  Candidate: 2.3.6-4
  Version table:
     2.3.6-4 0
        500 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/main Packages
 *** 2.3.6-3 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Looks like a filesystem problem. Some Linux kernel versions can't handle
files of over 2GB. This has nothing to do with free disk space. Try
compacting your Inbox (File->Empty Trash) or moving some messages to a
different folder (and then compacting anyway).

I compacted (and also moved files to a new folder), and now I have no
problems copying. Problem solved.

That's interesting.

Could the Evo mbox code not have been modified for large-file
support?

Regarding inability of my kernel to handle such large files, I am using
2.6.12-9-386, which is fairly up to date, so I doubt that this is a
problem.

No, that's way modern enough.  Anything 2.4 or newer is adequate.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Everyone is always in favour of general economy and particular
expenditure."
Anthony Eden, British prime minister